A regional and growing building management firm engaged us to help the leadership team develop a lean approach to talent acquisition and identify, select, recruit and hire a set of hard-to-find people to serve as core team members.
In this hyper-competitive industry, experienced people were hard to find. The firms' executive team had explored other options and had come up short. Leadership was referred to us through another client and shortly after, we began to work together to build up a lean approach to talent acquisition and recruitment.
Our partnering steps and deliverables for this "lean" partnership included:
- held Q&A calls with leadership and hiring manager(s) to understand the primary job/roles, expectations for employment at the firm, performance and skills required to successfully function in the primary role, and other details about the job and company.
- set up a shared Google Drive folder (to collaborate) and upload the initial set of documents we needed to move forward.
- researched a list of top 50-100 real competitors in and around the predefined region (6 States, East Coast, or other).
- surveyed and interviewed a few top executives and employees to better understand the operation and goals and why people work and thrive at the firm.
- developed a talent strategy, and improved the recruiting approach to support hiring.
- transformed our new data into useful insights to improve the career website, and revise career/job content to better promote the company culture and values.
- developed the employer brand and the value proposition, and defined fit (across values, culture, behavior, and performance) to improve the firms' ability to promote roles and the business as a choice employer.
- strengthened corporate profiles on LinkedIn, Indeed, and Glassdoor.
- implemented a new applicant tracking system (ATS), integrated the career page into the existing website site, established the necessary interview/communication workflows and stages, and customized templates, emails, and more within the ATS.
- worked with the hiring team(s) to refine the process for interviewing, recruiting and hiring (as a team), and assessment and scoring.
- drafted new job descriptions, published the jobs inside the ATS, and promoted open jobs on niche job boards and search engines.
- identified all the potential candidates working at competitive firms and uploaded them into the new ATS to build up a talent pool. (This became our “universe of talent”)
- supported the hiring team(s) to assess talents and skills of potential candidates and join in on interviews if/when needed.
As their internal partner, we were able to help the firm reduce costs associated with candidate identification, improve the program and processes, and shorten time to hire.