A regional and growing marketing firm engaged us to help develop a strategic approach to talent acquisition, operationalize recruiting, implement new technology, and help fill key positions within the agency.
We began our client engagement with a a few discovery sessions to learn more about the agency and discuss staffing goals, strategy, salaries for new hires, and overall approach to the existing recruiting program. We surveyed and interviewed the founding team to better understand their philosophy and version of the employer brand, company culture, vision for the future, and more. And we pulled together a target list of 150+ top local competitors - marketing agencies, digital ad agencies, marketing services firms within a 50 mile radius.
We set up new recruiting technology and formal sourcing, recruiting, and hiring processes to get the right people in the door. We customized the stages, workflows, templates, interview questions, screening, and more and then launched the system. We developed a set of candidate profiles, job descriptions, fit profiles (across culture, performance, role/skills) as well as custom scripts, screeners, and more.
After setting everything up, we jumped right into sourcing and recruiting for Creative Director, Senior Digital Strategist, Business Developer, and other roles. We worked with hiring manager (in this case the CEO and other leaders) as the recruiting/hiring support agent. We built up a pipeline of potential candidates,
screened applicants, disqualified those not qualified, and shared potential candidates with the hiring managers. The entire team worked together inside the
ATS to move potential candidates up into view - and through screening, multiple interviews, and onboarding.
A few of the deliverables we provided within a Shared Google Folder included:
- all data collection and analysis (for both employer and employees)
- full employee value proposition workup documentation
- drafts of career site content / messaging
- personalized fit profile docs
- interview process docs
- recruiting process docs
- multiple hiring profiles, candidate personas, and job profiles
- FIT profile (across culture, performance, and role/skills)
- custom screening questions, interview questions, and interview scorecards
- post interview debriefs (PIDs)
- custom reference check worksheets (with format/questions)
- documents to support exit interviews (with checklist)
- spreadsheet with (weighted) list of keywords and phrases to SEO/optimize
- how-to documentation for writing talent content, blogging to rank in organic search
- and many other related items
As their internal-facing support team, we were able to ramp up and down over time, dramatically reduce costs associated with hiring, streamline multiple processes, shorten time to hire.