A regional mortgage consulting services firm engaged us to reset their talent acquisition function to ready the business for new growth across multiple practice groups.
The original request was to have our firm provide an Interim TA leader to fulfill day-to-day responsibilities while also working to identify, recruit, and then hire a solid and permanent replacement.
During our discovery calls, additional (related) challenges became evident - and so we proposed a solution to solve all their major problems within one scope of work.
Instead of us deploying one interim for a 3-month term, we recommended that we engage as the internal recruitment partner. This slight variation allowed us to not only solve their primary challenge - hiring and onboarding a TA leader - but it also allowed us to work with them to develop a talent strategy, uncover real FIT (across culture, performance, skills), improve their existing program and processes, solve problems in Sales/BD, and support Marketing (all while we hire the new TA leader).
There were major benefits to this "stacked" approach:
- We helped the CEO onboard the right, permanent TA leader (what the firm ultimately needed)
- We provided executives with interim TA support until someone could be hired (what the firm needed as stopgap)
- We helped leadership identify a new TA leader based on actual (researched) needs, not guesswork
- We helped leadership map out more strategic approach to talent acquisition
- We brought the Marketing team and TA into better alignment; delivering a truly integrated approach
- We helped leadership solve some core challenges within Sales and Business Development
- We built pipelines of potential Sales and BD people to help speed up hiring
- And we accomplished it all in just over 60 days, and for approximately 40-50% less than if we had simply satisfied their original request.
After we successfully accomplished the project, the client re-engaged TalentSum to level-up Marketing into a strategic function and train their team.